We had the septic tank pumped today and oh my gosh!!! Talk about stinky!
First of all we were not sure where the tank lid was located so I told Mark, you just look at the pole by the stairs and stand there and then back up to where the clean out is and voila, it's right below your feet! Ok I never said it was rocket science....Mark said, "I don't think it's where you think it is"......so we tried doing a little "pre-dig" to try to find it. We dug up a few places, one where he thought it was and one where I thought it was and....well no lid. When the "pumpers" got here they didn't want to dig randomly since we couldn't exactly tell them where to dig so they came back with this nifty (and expensive) probe thingy with a camera on the end and ran it down the pipes to find the lid. Hmmmm...just as we thought, exactly where we dug the day before we just didn't go deep enough. Deep enough was a bit of an understatement. It was down 4 1/2 feet....no way I was digging down that deep. I should have a backhoe!!!
So they dug down and then called me out to inspect the contents of the septic tank. Why???? I don't know!!!!!!..I guess they wanted me to see what was happening in "de tank" as Brayden would say.....Well.....this is what is happening....Floaties....yucky stuff.....cloudy water..and who the heck knows what else is floating down there......and the smell.....whew.......Even as we speak I am am kind of throwing up in my mouth just thinking about it.
I am telling Megan about this and she said "Mom there is NO reason I would go look down there! Not even if they said Hey Mrs. Shea, Jimmy Hoffa is in your septic tank!!!" She said she wouldn't even go down for a $20.00!! Now that is big!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment