Friday, September 11, 2009

The List

There is a song by Ne-Yo called Part of the List, it is a song about the things he misses about his girlfriend that is gone. All of that doesn't apply to me.....BUT there is a line in the song says "...they're a part of the list, the things that I miss..."
Every time I hear it it reminds me of the things that I miss and as I sat down to a VERY quiet house the other night I was reminded again of the things that I miss and so I made my own list:
  1. I miss my children. Can't say that without a tear or two running down the old cheeks.
  2. I miss the chaos of a full house ( crazy I know!)
  3. I miss reading. I just don't have the time these days, although I have a stack of them sitting patiently waiting for the day I will crack open the binders and begin the process of losing myself in the words written on the page.
  4. I miss sewing. I was never very good at it, but it was fulfilling to see something go from nothing to something.
  5. I miss the beach. Enuf said.
  6. I miss watching old movies.
  7. I miss my Chevy Nova.
  8. I miss the electrical storms in the Imperial Valley and the way it smells after the rain.
  9. I miss La Hacienda, the old La Hacienda with Connie and Raul.
  10. I miss special quesadillas. There is nothing like them and no matter how much I try, mine just don't taste like theirs.
  11. I miss the taste of watermelons from the field.
  12. I miss book reading drives through Hollister.
  13. I miss drives to Sonic in Tehachapi. The new Sonic close by is just NOT the same.
  14. I miss the peach tree, the apricot tree, and the plum trees we had.
  15. I miss doing genealogy.
  16. I miss Friday night pizza at Bill's Q-Inn with my boyfriend, who is now my husband....
  17. I miss my great grandmother. There will never be anyone like her. She will always have my heart.
  18. I miss having a passion.
....They're a part of the list....the things that I miss.......

No comments: