Monday, March 1, 2010

Olympic Withdrawals

I am kind of sad that the Olympics are over. Each night for the past two weeks Mark and I have watched the Olympics and sort of, kind of, got addicted to watching them. Of course we had our favorites - he hates figure skating, I love figure skating and we both love speed skating, but this year we both got fascinated by curling. I think it is because we haven't the faintest idea what the heck that sport is about and how to play it. We spend most of our time trying to figure out the verbage and what a hammer means and what a kizzle kazzle is. We googled most of it and tried to follow it but it became a mystery we just couldn't stop watching.
There certainly were some inspirational moments, as there always are, and we always get teared up at those. Winter Olympics are my favorite of the two Olympics. I just can't seem to get into the Summer Olympics as much but I do try to watch, if for nothing else to cheer on the USA in their quest for gold.

No comments: